Magento 2.0 brings new and innovative themes and substantial changes compared to the previous versions. The new theme includes great structure, typography, fully responsive images ensuring better performance. Take a sneak peak into the business benefits of Magento 2.0 that your enterprise can count on!
After many years of development, Magento 2.0 was officially released last November.
Some of the Benefits of Magento 2.0
- Much faster than the Magento 1 series
- Ensures superior scalability
- Improved conversions
- Ensures high flexibility
- Upgraded way of branding
- Better email marketing
- Long-term maintenance cost
Improving E-commerce and Marketplace with Magento 2.0
In the world of eCommerce, there are several open source frameworks available. Magento 2.0 offers all the facilities absolutely free. Take advantage of renowned shipping companies and payment gateways. Magento 2 allows a low-cost development platform to improve Ecommerce businesses.
New version in Magento 2.0
- Modernizing web and technology
- Can be easily customized
- Simplification of external integrations
- Robust and scalable performance
- Installation of procedure improvements
- Ensures excellent quality with testing resources as well as documentation
Magento 2.0 Automated Testing:
Magento 2.0 store owners can setup automated tests for Unit Testing, Integration, Function, and Performance. First, it requires a different testing system or a dedicated employee.
Magento 2.0 Planning:
Magento is also planning an extended list of improvements to Magento 2 and has already published a roadmap that includes further performance & scalability updates, more Admin Panel usability enhancements, better staging/preview functionality, a new search capability, multi-warehouse support, and better B2B features.
Magento 2.0 Benefits for Merchants:
- Magento 2.0 Community and Magento Enterprise 2.0, both have hit their marks on time. Full page caching is the most anticipated upgrade that Magento can flaunt.
- There are several server-side improvements with Magento 2.0, such as pre-compilation of dynamic pages into database-driven HTML. It helps to reduce the page loading time from a lousy 6-8 second to a nifty 2-3 second, which is considered to be very fast for an e-commerce site. Magento 2.0 has also integrated Apache Varnish caching, enabling instant performance boost with minimal tuning.
- In order to appeal to the open source community, a built-in feature will allow full page caching for the community version, which is an ideal thing for developers and merchants.
- The full page HTML caching helps to reduce the CPU load of the server, which enables the server to handle higher traffic with the same hosting plan. So it’s definitely going to help you save some bucks on hosting while scaling. Having faster load times will also result in higher SEO rankings with Google, etc. This will result in better conversion rates for eCommerce websites. The user experience of a better website will send positive reviews and feedbacks that every online store craves for.
- API’s has been nudged along with extension conflict resolution tools for testing.
- Faster loading facility in low connectivity of the internet, increasing sales.
Benefits for Developers:
- Database Adaptability – The new release of Magento supports databases such as Microsoft SQL, MySQL, and Oracle. This gives a better and diversified development, creating the perfect Magento store for your customers.
- Structure that differs greatly from Magento 1
- Simple integration with external systems
- CSS processing (LESS CSS pre-processor)
- Magento UI library
- Blank theme
- Improved performance and scalability
- Reduced upgrade and installation efforts
- Testing framework
- New Magento Connect – The new Magento Connect Marketplace 2.0 allows you to run down and scan extensions for possible plagiarism, code reviews and quality checks with an advanced and user-friendly interface to search for the extensions. Developers can manage the extensions better than ever with the new dashboard introduced in 2.0 version while the fresh extensions keep featuring into the marketplace. While installing and upgrading modules, you can also check for store stability and 200+ free and paid extensions that are currently available in the marketplace.
- Improved Checkout process – Magento 2.0 not only simplifies all the checkout processes into a speedy treat, the new checkout flow speeds up the process by minimizing steps and required information. A detailed order summary along with product images encourage shoppers to complete the checkout in a faster and clearer way. To make the checkout process more transparent the shipping rates are shown instantly after the compulsory fields have been filled, it’s not necessary to enter your billing address unless the product is ready for checkout.
- Payment Gateway Update – With Magento 2.0, the payment process has been integrated with the third party embedded APIs with the HTML iFrame, which allows any third party gateway to host the payment form. The payment gateways in the new Magento release include PayPal, CyberSource, WorldPay, Authorize.net, BrainTree and other prevalent gateway systems.
- Migration Tools for Converting – Magento Migration Tools, developers can convert the preceding versions of Magento stores into the newly released Magento 2.0. However, this is still under testing and might not currently work for all stores.
- Testing Features – The new testing feature gives you access to arrange automated tests for functional and performance testing as well as a unit and integration testing. Earlier this was based on staff testing methods that required more time and resources. With Magento 2.0 there is no need for separate and unique testing methods.
Magento 2.0 the Way:
The move to the new version of Magento seems inevitable as all extension developers will be moving to Magento 2.0. This is the time to take your eCommerce store to the next level with the new version.
Technologies that are included in Magento 2.0:
- Apache 2.2 or later
- PHP 5.5.x with PHP 5.4.11
- MySQL 5.6
- PSR compliance
- Magento UI library
- CSS Pre-Processor
- Full Page Caching
- Magento performance toolkit
There are four types of directories in Magento 2 file system.
- Primary directories
- System directories
- Public directories
- Application directories
New Layout Elements:
If a core/text_list block type is applied in Magento 1.x to serve as a structural block, Magento 2 now brings a completely new concept of container wrapper for this function. A container can contain blocks, other containers and render all children.
Magento 2 doesn’t use Bootstrap but uses its own CSS and LESS in the theme core. It has the publisher to detect and bring out CSS together with other view static files placed under the pub/ directory.
- Usage of LESS helps users to customize themes more quickly and more comfortably.
- CSS URL resolver & LESS preprocessor assist enhance performance, speed up page load times, and make the system more friendly with search engines.
Magento UI Library
This is a whippy modular Magento front-end library that applies a set of mixins for base components and helps to ease front end theme development and tailor-make. Below are some of its key characteristics:
- Focused on web standards
- Built on LESS preprocessor
- Easy to maintain
Magento 2.0 will thrill developers and they can easily view its benefits. Let’s dive in.