Apply for Database Administrator (SQL & NoSQL) Job in Kolkata, India
We're on the lookout for Database Administrators (SQL & NoSQL) to join our Kolkata team. The position shall be responsible for looking after our entire database administration. The preferred candidate needs to have at least 3 years of prior experience in the capacity of a SQL/NoSQL DBA and have a Bachelor's degree.
₹8,40,000 - ₹9,60,000 INR
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Primary Skills – MySQL, MongoDB.
- Soft Skill - Cloud Computing, UNIX.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Database administration L2 support in the areas relating to performance tuning & optimization, troubleshooting, installation, patching and configuration : MySQL(5.x/8.x), MariaDB(10.x), MongoDB(5.x).
- Data modeling, database design, backup recovery, monitoring, maintenance and data migration.
- Training the development team for best practices.
NoSQL(MongoDB) / RDBMS (MySQL) abilities:
- Setting up the database and its environment.
- Is responsible for Maintaining and Updating the Database, along with Checking for Updates and Possible Security.
- Installation, Configuration, Database Design, data modeling, ensuring availability a major priority.
- Monitoring, Troubleshooting, Backup, recovery & migration.
- Execute administrative tasks. Major tasks related to Schema, gathering data, filtering data, processing and indexing.
- File-system Operations for MongoDB & MySQL.
- Managing MongoDB Replication, sharding, Hardware and Deployments.
- Build a MySQL Multi-Master Cluster based on synchronous replication.
- MongoDB CRUD Operations.
- Performance tuning and optimization.
- Backups & recovery, Monitoring, maintenance, etc.
- Disaster Recovery & Management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as SQL database administrator.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as NoSQL database administrator.
- Hands-on experience in query optimization, performance tuning.
- Hands-on experience in clustering, log shipping, replication techniques & sharding.
- Experience in MySQL/MariaDB/MongoDB databases on public cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure & MongoDB Atlas).
- Knowledge of and experience with implementing the right Security policies and procedures.
- Validated knowledge on capacity management, optimization.
- Experience with backup and recovery procedures and should be aware about the retention policies and schedule maintenance of backup data.
- Should have knowledge and worked on the process and procedures related to Disaster Recovery Activity.
- Experience of working in a 24x7 production support environment with round the clock flexible shifts is a must have.
- Good to have an experience in any of the ETL tools like Informatica, InfoSphere DataStage, etc.
- Good to have knowledge in a data warehouse.