For a website to flourish, there needs to be a decent amount of optimization from time to time. However, this can be difficult when you do not know where to start. Here are eleven great tips that pinpoint the specific areas and aspects of running a website and a business online that you should prioritize when giving your website and brand a huge revamp.
Changing things up on your website is always a good thing, but for many it can also be met with anxiety when you are not sure if your next step really will make a significant difference. Some are afraid that after all that effort, their conversion rate will actually go down. These are all pretty valid concerns, and what you need now is a guide that tells you all about the tried and tested strategies for conversion optimization. Read below to know these timely tips!
1. Use a different color for your CTA button. Choose a color that stands out from the background and can easily be noticed even when a follower is just casually scrolling.
2. Trim down your form fields. Followers have better things to do than fill out a mile-long form just to get some stuff off your website. Just choose the most important ones and get rid of the rest. A general rule is to limit a form with four fields, which has the potential to increase conversions by up to 160%.
3. Break the bad habit of using stock photos. Even if they’re of good quality, the fact that they are stock photos can actually decrease your credibility. Use real people for photos and make followers see that your photos really have something to personally do with your brand.
4. Refine your CTA button text. Instead of the oh-so-very commonplace ‘submit’ or ‘sign-up here’, change up your button text to include what visitors will expect soon after they click on that button.
5. Include a video. This can be an instructional video for something that you offer that’s hard or too complicated to describe with words or a demo that show the product in action. Whichever way you use it, videos help improve a website’s conversion rate. Keep it to 2-3 minutes to remain effective, otherwise, people might find it too long and boring.
6. Establish an air of urgency. Announce limited-time incentives and motivate them to take action quickly in exchange for something great that they really do not want to pass up on.
7. Make your phone number visible on the homepage header. This establishes an extra layer of trust: that people know they can give you a call if they have a concern, and there are indeed caring people behind the screen.
8. Maximize the word “FREE”. Most people can’t pass up a free offer and are usually more willing to take an extra step just to receive a neat freebie. For as long as this freebie is worth having, you can guarantee that your followers will be waiting to pounce on the next one – all the while increasing your conversion rate at the same time.
9. Always give valuable offers. While free goods are snapped up by many, the true test of conversion lies in how many will stick around after they get free stuff. The trick is to deliver quality products that have value to those who will receive it. For as long as you are able to give something useful or essential, then trust that your followers will be in for the long run – and for your other offerings that are the premium kind.
10. Ensure that your headline is clear. One of the first things people will notice on your landing page is your headline. A headline is critical in launching your website conversions to greater heights, so see to it that it is compelling enough.
11. Invest in security seals. Getting a security seal may cost a pretty penny, but they are able to significantly reduce anxiety on the part of consumers on whether or not their account details are secure.
So, which of these website conversion optimization tips are you planning to implement first?